Outreach and Engagement Program Officer; South & Central Asia
NOTE: Applications are only being accepted from applicants who currently have an active U.S. Government clearance. If you do NOT indicate that you already have a clearance on your resume, your application will NOT be considered.
McManis & Monsalve Associates (MMA) is currently recruiting for an Outreach and Engagement (O&E) Program Officer; South & Central Asia in support of a contract with the Department of State at our Rosslyn, VA location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon award of delivery order and security clearance processing as required.
The Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) is a Federal Advisory Committee with a U.S. Government Charter to promote security cooperation between U.S. private sector interests worldwide and the U.S. Department of State, situated within the Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security. Selected candidate will provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Research and Information Support Center (RISC). The main objective is to assist O&E to manage, analyze, and facilitate the coordination of OSAC’s Outreach and Engagement Program activities for a regional or functional area. The incumbent also implements, analyzes, and facilitates the coordination of OSAC’s meetings with partnering organizations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the implementation of OSAC’s Outreach program for an assigned geographical or functional area. This includes preparing event materials, posting event announcements, collect RSVPs, and collect event survey data, among others.
- Provide coverage when the initial point of contact is absent for all incoming outreach inquiries and requests regarding the area of assignment.
- Assist with liaising with Country Councils (CC) and Common Interest Councils (CIC) on a regular basis to provide guidance on, and exchange relevant program and security information.
- Assist Program Officers and Program Analysts in monitoring program and security-related trends, such as drafting surveys and collecting responses/data.
- Assist in assessing the effectiveness of councils in the assigned area and identifies broad council trends; plans, develops, and organizes assessments on the needs and effectiveness of OSAC products and councils for the assigned areas. Presents recommendations for actions as needed. This includes collecting, formatting, and editing data; and developing reports and visual data.
- Assist with Program Coordination, including handling OSAC’s outreach inbox, social media account, SharePoint site, and create presentations and resource materials to support O&E’s mission.
- Implement s OSAC’s Outreach Program for ad-hoc and partnership meetings. This includes meeting event goals and quality standards within the established cost, time, and scope parameters. It includes, but is not limited to, coordinating with senior-level private sector stakeholders, assuring funding, bringing stakeholders together to develop an agenda and speakers, coordinating logistics, and conducing post-event surveys to assess and evaluate the value of the event.
- Implements communications initiatives, such as organizing O&E’s RSO SharePoint Resources, providing logistical support for educational programs, and accomplishing the logistic requirements for OSAC’s webinars.
- Undergraduate degree in a related technical, security or management discipline; preferably Political Science, International Affairs, International Law, International Economics, Government or other related field of study. A range of three (3) to five (5) years related specialized program management experience is required.
- Degree not required with five (5) to seven (7) years of specialized program management experience.
- Specialized experience includes, but is not limited to, security policy and standards development, threat assessment, risk analysis and scheduling, logistics, budget analysis, project management planning responsibilities. Experience with applicable security requirements and practices in the civilian sector of the Federal government. Must have demonstrated experience consistent with security principles and best practices with applicable Federal regulations and guidelines.
- One (1) to three (3) years of Microsoft Office Suite experience, including Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint preferred as is experience or knowledge of Prezi, Adobe Connect, and Adobe Captivate.
- Demonstrable ability to complete website administrative tasks.
- One (1) year direct government contracting experience at task/project management level
- Must be able to travel to any region of the world, as needed; approximately 10% travel expected.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must have the demonstrable ability to reconcile and prioritize conflicting tasks and requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with government and private sector personnel - at all levels in the organization - is required.
- Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Top Secret clearance level.