Recent Graduate - Fall 2019, Product Manager | Mental Health Incubator, Non-Profit, Harvard i-lab / MIT area
Do you want to learn how to improve the world? Ever wonder what it would be like to get in at the ground level working at a world changing organization like Y-Combinator or Google just as they started rapidly growing with a team of just thirty? Do you want to help world changing mental health entrepreneurs as they go from an idea to $XXM+ in funding?
You will be working primarily with the founding and core team and will have a great opportunity to learn a lot of skills (aka super powers) from our C-level executives (CEO, COO, etc)!
At Ignite Mental Health we’re building a non-profit Y combinator (incubator and venture builder) for passionate and strategically committed mental health entrepreneurs to help build breakthrough organizations, movements and products in mental health. We will produce organizations, movements and products that are as impactful as Facebook and Google which address the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting global mental health.
Be a member of the founding team that grew from the Harvard and MIT communities who came together with one shared passion and expertise in fields as diverse as healthcare economics, user experience design, non-profit finance, sociology and psychology.
As a Product Manager Intern, you will perch atop a world-changing organization and have the chance to make your time here a truly transformative experience. You will have a unique opportunity to learn, grow and thrive in a fast-paced, supportive, and impact-driven environment. Working with a team who cares about your personal and professional growth will provide you the opportunity to work on the projects that you are most passionate about. On a daily basis, you will be exposed to new perspectives and different aspects of growing organization. Our hope is that your time with Ignite will be one of the transformative experiences of your life!
Curious about how transformative your experience here could potentially be? Find out for yourself by contacting any of our past or current interns!
FYI talent comes in all forms and sizes, we’re not easily dazzled by big brand schools or companies, we are dazzled by people who genuinely want to improve the world and have the growth mindset and chops to make it happen!
- Actively learning on the job and diving into new areas where you may have little expertise in
- Learning from mistakes and failed projects (you'll be wearing a lot of hats) Amplify the efforts of our executive team (CEO, COO, VPs) and help implement our vision
- Help prototype and build mental health products that will have a huge impact Learn about and help maintain our team culture and uphold our values through creative ways
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever "hat" is necessary to achieve OKR's!
- Role specific responsibilities are dependent on the product team you are matched with and will be discussed further during telephone and in-person interviews
- Deeply passionate about mental health and improving others lives
- A great team player able to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Loves being productive and getting stuff done (GSD)
- Meticulously organized or open to becoming meticulously organized
- Experience in being or willing to become a great navigator: constantly testing hypothesis and outlining strategy for pivoting when needed
- Personable: highly empathetic
- Relentless learner: you want to maximize your experience with us and learn as much as you can
Our ambition is to build organizations, movements and products —unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?
NB: This position is at a non-profit mental health incubator and is non-compensated. For candidates who are University /co-op we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships to cover your living and other costs while with us.