QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT COORDINATOR
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
A Quality Improvement Project Coordinator, under general direction, is responsible for performing a wide variety of complex and critical activities. Through work with both internal and external stakeholders, a Quality Improvement Project Coordinator adds value to HealthWest by providing competent and professional support, demonstrating superior skills related to coordination and organization, contributing knowledge and perspective, facilitating communication and collaboration, and managing tasks and projects within the Quality Improvement department.
REQUIRED MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Possess an Associate's degree in a social sciences, business program or related field from an accredited university, college, or business school AND Have a minimum of one year recent, full-time, progressively responsible project management experience; OR
2. Be a high school graduate or successfully completed the General Educational Development (GED) Test AND Have a minimum of two years' recent, full-time, progressively responsible project management experience.
3. Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued.
4. Individuals in Recovery and individuals with experience in Armed Services valued.
5. Possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
6. Must have reliable transportation that may have to be used to carry out job duties of this classification.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS / WORK LOCATION:
An employee in this class performs activities requiring the occasional lifting of objects weighing thirty-five (35) pounds or less and physical activity related to the performing of job duties.
An employee in this classification generally works in the offices of HealthWest.
The selected candidate must take a post-offer medical examination (including back screen and complete physical) and drug screening test given by a County appointed physician before the first day of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon the results of the medical examination and drug screening test. Applicants for County employment may be subject to a post-offer criminal background check, depending on the nature and assignment of the position. When such check is conducted, an offer of employment is contingent upon the results of the criminal background check. Appointees must satisfactorily complete a probationary period before the appointment will be considered permanent.
APPLICANT REVIEW PROCEDURE
Any applicant is entitled to a review of any determination or action taken by the County regarding the applicant's employment application. Inquiries should be directed to the County Human Resources Department.
The purpose of this recruitment is to establish an eligible list from which to fill present and future vacancies in this classification in the County system. For each opening, the Department Head has her/his choice of the candidates who meet the required minimum entrance qualifications. This list remains in effect for three months unless exhausted or extended.
MUSKEGON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MUSKEGON COUNTY HAS ADOPTED A VETERANS PREFERENCE POLICY THAT
RECOGNIZES QUALIFYING MILITARY SERVICE